background

Monday, July 20, 2015

Back in the Saddle

I've been a bad blogger. Gone for like 3 years. That's what madness can do to you, lovely or not. Won't bore anyone with the details but let it be known, I'm back.
And to welcome myself back to blogland, I have re-opened my Etsy shop. The name? ...thislovelymadness...of course. I've listed 1 of my paintings and a set of vintage quilt/button plaques made with very old barn wood, to hang on the wall.

But my new love is re-purposing/refashioning clothes and I hope to be stitching together lonely frocks,that have been tossed aside, into new styles that will be worn and loved.
They wait for me to find them, do a little ripping, cutting, subtracting, adding until they are a type of "brand new de javu". Saved up, and finally got me a dress form...YAY!.

Now this hand made dress has been in my closet for years. It's never been worn. A friend gave it to me, because I loved the material. I will never fit into this dress, I planned to cut it up and reuse the parts.

 But.... IS it too pretty for destroying then reconstructing? Should it be given a chance.... to perhaps be worn to a summer garden party, in it's current form, complete with its deep side pockets? I love pockets.
                                                                  Rose Garden

Okay, I'm listing it as it is. For now. However, if it is NOT gone within 2 weeks, OFF WITH IT'S BODICE! (I actually said that in my Red Queen voice.)
It's a size 8 (told you I would not be wearing it ;)

No comments: